La Biennale di Venezia is presenting the third edition of the Book Adaptation Rights Market (August 31st - September 2nd, 2018), an event which is part of the Venice Production Bridge, in the context of the 75th Venice International Film Festival.
Book Adaptation Rights Market
The Book Adaptation Rights Market will offer 23 international publishing houses a dedicated area within the Venice Production Bridge that, with this event, renews its vocation to foster the development and production of international and European projects across a range of audiovisual forms.
During this 3-day event one-to-one meetings between publishers and producers will be set up in a dedicated area of the VPB on the 3rd floor of the Hotel Excelsior. The meetings will allow them to foster lasting relationships and of course to make deals on the adaptation of novels, drama, children’s literature, short stories, comics, graphic novels, essays, biographies. Thanks to the implementation of the VPB website, the VPB Office will be able to support more closely the publishers and accredited professionals in organizing tailor-made meetings.
As opposed to other events dedicated to publishing within the context of Film Festivals, the Book Adaptation Rights Market will enable the invited publishers to propose their entire catalogue for film adaptation, rather than focusing on a single book or volume.
A brochure gathering the 23 publishers and their new titles as well as their catalogue will be sent to all registered producers beforehand.
This event will provide publishers and producers with a unique opportunity to get to know each other and thus build long-term relationships.
The invited publishers
The 23 publishers invited to the Book Adaptation Rights Market this year are:
- Andrew Nurnberg Associates (UK)
- blue ocean press/ARI (USA)
- De Bezige Bij (Netherlands)
- DeA Planeta Libri (Italy)
- Éditions de l’Homme Sans Nom (France)
- Editorial Planeta S.A. (Spain)
- Elisabeth Ruge Agentur GmbH (Germany)
- Feltrinelli Editore (Italy)
- French Pulp Éditions (France)
- Glénat (France)
- Gruppo editoriale Mauri Spagnol (Italy)
- Kadokawa (Japan)
- Lannoo Publishers (Belgium)
- MacLehose Press (UK)
- Mediatoon Audiovisual Rights (France)
- Nefeli Publishing (Greece)
- Nottetempo (Italy)
- Place des Editeurs (France)
- Rights & Brands (Finland/Sweden)
- Sellerio Editore (Italy)
- Singel Uitgeverijen (Netherlands)
- Salomonsson Agency (Sweden)
- Ullstein Buchverlage (Germany)
Ever since its first edition during the 73rd Venice International Film Festival, the Book Adaptation Rights Market has met with great success as proven by the publishers’ requests to participate again in this event as well as a growing demand from the producers looking for original intellectual properties (IP).