Section: “Collateral Events”
Selected and acknowledged by La Biennale di Venezia, autonomously organized outside the institutional venues of La Biennale (Giardini and Arsenale); eligible for participation are exclusively non-profit public or private institutions operating directly and primarily in the field of art; for exclusions see please procedure, art. 2.
DEADLINE for delivery of proposals: October 17, 2018.
In order to apply for participation, Promoters must:
1. Read carefully the procedure for the Collateral Events of the 58th International Art Exhibition;
2. Fill in and send the online registration form;
3. Send the documentation listed at the art. 2 of the procedure to the e-mail address of the La Biennale Visual Arts Department, email@example.com :
> a letter on official letterhead of the Promoter of the project with a participation request signed by the legal representative of the institution;
> a complete and detailed presentation of the Promoter:
- historical overview of the institution
- aims and mission
- information and documentation regarding its non-profit legal status
- main activities (in the past, at present, scheduled for the future);
> should the Promoter decide to delegate the organization of the project to a third party (hereinafter referred to as “Organizer”), a detailed presentation of the Organizer and its activities is required;
> a detailed description of the project, with information about:
- the curator
- the participating exhibitors and the works to be exhibited; in case of selection, the project that will be actually realized and the participating exhibitors must substantially be the same as those described in the approved proposal;
> in the case of a symposium, the final detailed program that makes it possible to evaluate its scientific, cultural and artistic significance;
> a description of the organizational plan for the event:
- the venue; if the project includes works or installations to be collocated in outdoor areas (floating installations on water or in public spaces) a detailed description of the same works or installations and of their collocation is required
- the main steps for the realization and the management of the project and its logistics
- communication and promotion, possible related publications
- any possible or confirmed sponsors and/or supporters of the project.
Both the online registration form and the above mentioned documentation (to be supplied both in Italian and in English language, complete and in digital version) must reach the Visual Arts Department of La Biennale di Venezia by and not later than October 17, 2018.