THE DEATHLIEST SIN
Teatro Piccolo Arsenale - Venice
25 > 29 October 2010
25 to 28 October from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. / from 2 to 6:30 p.m.
29 October: from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. / from 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Friday 29 October 2010
Ca’ Giustinian, 6 p.m.: meeting with the audience
The workshop contains several sessions.
- Introduction to the ‘Confirmation system of improvisation’
(this system is developed over several years during the Needcompany rehearsals
and confronts in the first place dancers with less acting experience with character development and dialogue impro’s.)
- Introduction to the ‘off-centre strategy’
(the demystification of the centre-ideology of conventional theatre)
- Introduction to the demystification process of the real-time acting
(destruction of an illusion/rebuilding an illusion)
For this session, Alberto Moravia’s ‘The Angel of information’, Oscar Wilde’s ‘Salome’ and texts by Jan Lauwers will be used.
Jan Lauwers (Bruxelles – Belgium)
- The participants can be dancers, actors, performers
- It is necessary to talk English or French as a second language
- The participants need to have a certain level of experience (school or performance experience)
- Apart from training clothes, the participants have to bring a sexy good-looking outfit along