La Biennale di Venezia is presenting the fourth edition of the Book Adaptation Rights Market (August 30th - September 1st, 2019), an event which is part of the Venice Production Bridge, in the context of the 76th Venice International Film Festival.
Book Adaptation Rights Market
The Book Adaptation Rights Market will offer 25 international publishing houses and literary agency a dedicated area within the Venice Production Bridge that, with this event, renews its vocation to foster the development and production of international and European projects across a range of audiovisual forms.
During this 3-day event one-to-one meetings between publishers and producers will be set up in a dedicated area of the VPB on the 3rd floor of the Hotel Excelsior. The meetings will allow them to foster lasting relationships and of course to make deals on the adaptation of novels, drama, children’s literature, short stories, comics, graphic novels, essays, biographies.
The Book Adaptation Rights Market brochure, detailing each publishing house and literary agency invited, will therefore be emailed to professionals from the film industry, to entitle them to request 30-minute one-to-one meetings with the teams of the selected projects.
Thanks to the VPB Website, the VPB Office will be able to support the teams and the registered professionals in organizing tailor-made meetings even more closely.
As opposed to other events dedicated to publishing within the context of Film Festivals, the Book Adaptation Rights Market will enable the invited publishers to propose their entire catalogue for film adaptation, rather than focusing on a single book or volume.
This event will provide publishers and producers with a unique opportunity to get to know each other and thus build long-term relationships.
The invited publishers
The 25 publishers and literary agents invited to the Book Adaptation Rights Market this year are:
- Abrams/ The Overlook Press (USA)
- Actes Sud (France)
- Andrew Nurnberg Associates (UK)
- Au Diable Vauvert (France)
- blue ocean press/ARI (USA)
- Uitgeverij De Bezige Bij (Netherlands)
- DeA Planeta Libri (Italy)
- Éditions de l’Homme Sans Nom (France)
- Editorial Planeta (Spain)
- Elisabeth Ruge Agentur GmbH (Germany)
- Feltrinelli Editore (Italy)
- Giulio Einaudi Editore (Italy)
- Gruppo Editoriale Mauri Spagnol (Italy)
- Kadokawa Corporation (Japan)
- Madeleine Milburn Literary, TV & Film Agency (UK)
- Mediatoon Audiovisual Rights (France)
- Marcel Hartges Literatur - und Filmagentur (Germany)
- Michael Gaeb Literary Agency (Germany)
- Nefeli Publishing (Greece)
- Nottetempo (Italy)
- Place des Editeurs (France)
- Rizzoli (Mondadori Libri SpA) (Italy)
- Salomonsson Agency (Sweden)
- Singel Uitgeverijen (Netherlands)
- Susanna Lea Associates (France)
Ever since its first edition during the 73rd Venice International Film Festival, the Book Adaptation Rights Market has met with great success as proven by the publishers’ requests to participate again in this event as well as a growing demand from the producers looking for original intellectual properties (IP).