In 1975, during the presidency of Carlo Ripa di Meana, the first initiative towards an architecture exhibition was taken with the Exhibition “A proposito del Mulino Stucky” curated by Vittorio Gregotti. In 1980, the Architecture department was established during the four-year presidency of Giuseppe Galasso (1979-1982), who appointed Paolo Portoghesi as Director.
Famous architects and scholars have been alternating in the direction of the International Exhibition during the years, such as Francesco Dal Co, Richard Burdett, David Chipperfield, Rem Koolhaas and Alejandro Aravena, who have led the Biennale Architettura to be one of the most prestigious architecture exhibitions in the world, a benchmark for both experts and architecture lovers.
Ca’ Giustinian, San Marco 1364/A
Tel. +39 041 5218711
Press Office info and contact persons:
Art, Architecture / Cinema / Dance, Music, Theatre
Ca’ Giustinian, San Marco 1364/A, Venice
Subscribe to the Newsletter and get the latest info on our programmes and initiatives.