The project will take place from March 16th to June 14th 2020 and will be structured as daily training sessions, for a total of 6/8 hours a day, for five days each week.
The Biennale di Venezia reserves the right to change the work schedule at any time during the project.
The programme is structured as follows:
1) SOMATIC APPROACH
a programme focused on the awareness of the body (somatic approach) with two intensive one-week sessions (6 hours per day) and with weekly sessions of daily practice (2 hours a day) with:
· Judith Koltai (Authentic Movement) – 1 intensive one-week course and 1 week of daily practice
· Shelley Senter (Alexander Technique) – 2 weeks of daily practice
· a Contact Improvisation tutor - 1 week of daily practice
· Linda Rabin (Continuum) – 2 weeks of daily practice
· Ami Shulman (Feldenkrais) - 2 weeks of daily practice
2) CONTEMPORARY TECHNIQUE
A programme for the study of Gaga with daily sessions held by former members of the Batsheva Dance Company.
3) MOVEMENT RESEARCH
A programme dedicated to movement research, which in this edition will focus on Gaga, with daily sessions with former members of the Batsheva Dance Company.
1) With regard to the interpretation of the Contemporary repertoire, an intensive workshop will be held with former members of the Batsheva Dance Company on the piece Humus Plus by Ohad Naharin with excerpts from Mabul (1992), Shalosh (2004) and Max (2007).
2) In the area of interpretation, the dancers will also work with Marco D’Agostin on a new creation.
The dancers will have individual meetings with each of the tutors.
During the programme, the 15 selected dancers will participate in one/two OPEN days presenting the work-in-progress and in an outdoor performance.
At the end of the process, the 15 dancers will present a public performance of the piece Humus Plus by Ohad Naharin and a new creation by Marco D’Agostin as part of the 14th International Festival of Contemporary Dance of La Biennale di Venezia.
Selection and announcement
The selection is open to participants from all over the world.
Deadline for registration: January 16th 2020.
The selection will be made at the complete discretion of the Director of the Dance Department of the Biennale di Venezia Marie Chouinard, and will be tentatively announced at the end of January/early February 2020.