Composers - experimental music theatre
The new calls for the Biennale College Musica – addressed to young composers and performers from Italy and abroad between the ages of 18 and 30 – were available online frm Friday 26 November 2021, through Monday 31 January 2022.
The selected participants include:
· 2 composers to compose a work of experimental music theatre (electronics optional) lasting from 30 to 45 minutes
· 1 composer to create a site-specific sound installation for a site in Venice proposed by the Biennale Musica
· 1 composer to compose a work for radio inspired by John Cage’s Sounds of Venice
· 2 experimental performers (djs / turntablists / controllerists / beatmakers and live electronics performers) interested in the theatrical aspects of performance for the creation of two new works
· 4 performers (sopranos, clarinettists, harpists, percussionists) interested in the chamber repertory of Georges Aperghis’ musical theatre
The selected composers and performers will be assisted by the tutors of the Biennale College Musica 2022: Simon Steen-Andersen (composer - Berlin), Ondřej Adámek (composer, conductor, performer - Prague), Ars Ludi - Gianluca Ruggeri (percussionist, conductor - Rome), Daniele Carcassi (experimental performer, composer - Florence), X. Lee (experimental performer, composer - Los Angeles), Antonello Pocetti (director, dramaturge - Bologna), and Thierry Coduys (CIMM, sound engineer and computer music design - Nice).