The 3-day Venice Gap-Financing Market will present 46 projects from around the world in the final stages of development and funding.
The selection reflects the great diversity of styles and backgrounds, content and viewpoints, aesthetics and budgets of the projects submitted for consideration.
The selection is divided as follows:
25 feature-length Fiction Film and Documentary projects
15 Virtual Reality Immersive Story projects
6 Biennale College – Virtual Reality projects
The Venice Gap-Financing Market is a platform to support the European and international producers to secure financing for their projects (Fiction, Documentaries and VR Immersive Story Projects) through one-to-one meetings with potential and pertinent international professionals (producers, sales agents, distributors, financiers, broadcasters and funds). All the invited professionals are decision-makers.
THE CALL FOR 2018
This call is aimed at European and International projects for the following categories:
The 3-day event will present a total of 48 selected European and International projects including the VR Immersive Story Projects developed through the Biennale College Cinema-Virtual Reality.
A tailor-made initiative of this kind requests a real confidentiality for the producers and the partners already in place and a first Project line-up will therefore be sent to selected potential financiers and professionals in order to allow them to register to this co- production market.
The catalogue detailing each film project will then be emailed to the registered professionals by the beginning of July 2018 to entitle them to request 30-minute one-to-one meeting with the producers of the selected projects. The Venice Gap-Financing Market will set up these meetings in accordance with the availability of the participants and meetings slots. Each participant will receive a personalised meeting schedule a few days before the event.
SUBMISSIONS AND REGULATIONS
The Venice Gap-Financing Market terms and conditions are:
For Feature Films and Documentary projects
The Project Team
Producers must have a track record in production and international co-production
For VR Immersive Story Projects
The Project Team
PROJECT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 8th May 2018
PROJECT SUBMISSION DEADLINE extended to 25th May 2018 only for the VR Immersive Story Projects.
Submission is carried out in two steps:
Please combine the requested documents into a single pdf PROJECT DOSSIER. This has to include the following:
1. Full treatment/concept (8-10 pages for Feature Films, Documentary and VR Immersive Story Projects)
2. Director’s biography and filmography or track records
3. Producer’s biography and filmography or track records
4. Director’s statement and/or visual concept
5. Production company’s profile
6. Budget Outline (in Euros)
7. Financing Plan (in Euros) with all relevant documents showing that 70% of the budget is in place for Feature Films and Documentary projects and the 30% for VR Immersive Story Projects
8. Specific goals at the Venice Gap-Financing Market
9. All contracts, agreements and deal-memos have to be signed by all parties:
- Between the producer and the author
- Between the producer and the director
- Between the producer and the co-producer(s), if any
- Between the producer and the main cast(s)/agents
- Between the producer and the funds, financial partners that appears in the financing plan
- Between the producer and the national distributor(s) if any
- Between the producer and the international sales agent, if any
If you are not able to attach the Project Dossier with the full application to your submission, please send this in an email stating the title of your project in the subject of the mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
CONDITIONS OF ATTENDING THE VENICE GAP-FINANCING MARKET
Once the selection has been made, the selected producers are contacted to confirm their participation and asked to provide updated material for inclusion in the Book of Projects, which is going to circulate to professionals and financiers before and during the festival.
Participation in the event entitles the project team (the delegate producer and the director) to the following services and facilities:
In return all the selected project teams are required to:
By accepting the invitation to participate to the Venice Gap-Financing Market, you are also agreeing to follow and satisfy the above conditions.
Venice International Film Festival, 29th August - 8th September, 2018
Venice Production Bridge, 30th August - 4th September, 2018
Venice Gap-Financing Market, 31st August - 2nd September, 2018