The project will take place from April 4th to July 1st 2018 and will be structured as daily training sessions, for a total of 6/8 hours a day, for five/six days each week.
The Biennale di Venezia reserves the right to change the work schedule at any time during the project.
The programme is structured as follows:
1) SOMATIC APPROACH
A programme focused on the awareness of the body (somatic approach) with two intensive one-week sessions (6 hours per day) and with weekly sessions of daily practice (2 hours a day) with:
• Judith Koltai (Authentic Movement) – an intensive one-week course and a week of daily practice
• Gaby Agis (Skinner Releasing Technique) – 1 week of daily practice
• Ami Shulman (Feldenkrais) – 2 weeks of daily practice
• Tom Koch (Alexander Technique) – 2 weeks of daily practice
• Linda Rabin (Continuum) - 1 one-week intensive course and one week of daily practice.
2) CONTEMPORARY TECHNIQUE
A programme for the study of contemporary techniques with daily sessions held with the dancers of the Compagnie Chouinard.
3) EXPERIMENTATION IN MOVEMENT
A programme dedicated to experimentation with movement, which in this edition will focus on Marie Chouinard's composition methods, with daily sessions held with the dancers of the Compagnie Chouinard.
1) With regard to the interpretation of the contemporary repertoire, an intensive workshop will be held with the dancers of the Compagnie Chouinard on the 24 Préludes de Chopin, choreographed by Marie Chouinard in 1999.
2) In the area of interpretation, the dancers will work for three weeks with Daina Ashbee on a new creation.
The dancers will have individual meetings with each of the tutors.
1) During the programme, the 15 selected dancers will participate in three OPEN days to present their works-in-progress as part of the 16th International Architecture Exhibition.
2) During the final phase, the 15 dancers will participate in an event at Campo Sant'Agnese coordinated by Daina Ashbee.
3) At the end of the process, the 15 dancers will present a public performance of the 24 Préludes de Chopin by Marie Chouinard and a new creation by Daina Ashbee as part of the 12th International Festival of Contemporary Dance of the Biennale di Venezia.
Selection and announcement
Deadline for registration for the selection: January 25th, 2018
The selection is open to participants from all over the world.
The selection will be made at the complete discretion of the Director of the Dance Department of the Biennale di Venezia, and will be tentatively announced at the end of January/early February 2018.