Book Adaptation Rights Market
The 7th edition of the Book Adaptation Rights Market (September 2 - September 4, 2022), organised as part of the Venice Production Bridge, will take place in-person at the Excelsior Hotel on the Lido di Venezia, during the forthcoming 79th Venice International Film Festival (August 31st – September 10th, 2022).
The Book Adaptation Rights Market will offer 33 selected, international publishing houses and literary agencies a dedicated area within the Venice Production Bridge and the possibility for one-to-one meetings between publishers and producers. The meetings will allow to foster lasting relationships and to make deals on the adaptation of novels, drama, children’s literature, short stories, comics, graphic novels, essays, biographies.
The Book Adaptation Rights Market will enable the invited publishers to propose their entire catalogue for film adaptation, rather than focusing on a single book, as opposed to other events dedicated to publishing within the context of film festivals.
A brochure gathering all the publishers and literary agents and their new titles as well as their catalogue will be sent to all registered producers beforehand.
As in 2022 the VPB Countries in Focus are France and Taipei, additional publishers and literary agencies coming from these countries will be attending the BARM. We will also have a special Focus on Comics and Graphic novels with dedicated publishing houses and literary agencies.
The invited publishers
As of today, the 33 publishers and literary agents invited to this year’s event of the Book Adaptation Rights Market are:
- Alferj e Prestia Agenzia Letteraria (Italy)
- Astiberri Ediciones (Spain)
- Casterman SA (Belgium)
- Dala Publishing Company / Locus Publishing Company (Taipei)
- DeAgostini Libri (Italy)
- Éditions de l’Homme Sans Nom (France)
- Editis (France)
- Editorial Anagrama (Spain)
- Editorial Planeta (Spain)
- Edizioni E/O and Europa Editions (Italy)
- Elisabeth Ruge Agentur GmbH (Germany)
- Emily Books Agency (Taipei)
- Feltrinelli Editore (Italy)
- Fraktura (Croatia)
- Frémok (Belgium)
- Giulio Einaudi Editore (Italy)
- Glénat Editions (France)
- Gruppo Editoriale Mauri Spagnol (Italy)
- HarperCollins (Italy)
- Helsinki Literary Agency (Finland)
- MalaTesta Literary Agency (Italy)
- Matriochkas / Alto (France/Canada)
- Michael Gaeb Literary Agency (Germany)
- Mondadori Libri (Italy)
- Nathan (France)
- Penguin Random House Verlagsgruppe (Germany)
- Piergiorgio Nicolazzini Agenzia Letteraria – PNLA (Italy)
- Rizzoli Mondadori Libri (Italy)
- Singel Uitgeverijen (The Netherlands)
- Sulakauri Publishing (Georgia)
- The Deborah Harris Agency (Israel)
- The Grayhawk Agency (Taipei)
- Tunué (Italy)
The new brochure
Ever since its first edition during the 73rd Venice International Film Festival, the Book Adaptation Rights Market has met with great success as proven by the publishers’ requests to participate again in this event, as well as by a growing demand from the producers looking for original intellectual properties (IP).
The new brochure that gathers all the details of the invited publishers and literary agents for this year’s edition of the BOOK ADAPTATION RIGHTS MARKET is available on the section ‘download’ of the Venice Production Bridge Website at the following link: https://veniceproductionbridge.org/sites/default/files/documenti/file/2022_vpb_barm_5lug.pdf